Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love eating yams, this is a version you will enjoy! I serve this every time we have a get together with friends and they really rave about this!
- 4 lbs sweet yams, orange variety preferred
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 -4 cups sugar, depending on your taste (start with 2 cups)
- Peel and cut yams. cut to diagonal slices about 1/4 inch slices.
- Boil pineapple juice and sugar till syrupy.
- Add yams and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove yams and transfer to 13x9 pan.
- Arrange slices to nice galette design, overlapping each pieces.
- Meanwhile, add butter to the pineapple syrup, let simmer till fully incorporated.
- Pour on the yam slices.
- Bake in pre heated 350 oven till tender about 30 minutes.
- This will be thickened and gooey.
- Serve warm.
Very good and very rich dish. I didn't have a heart to feed my family 4 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of butter. So, I cut back to 2 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of butter. The dish still came out delicious and everyone loves it. Thanks for posting.
Fantastic recipe! Great after eating a ton of spicy food! Had lots of leftover yams and came upon this, even the toddlers love it! Thanks for posting!
love it!!! another way of eating yams! Thanks