Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the 1967 edition of Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery, Volume 2. I have been making these for years since it is the only way my family will eat these pungent "little cabbages".
- 1 pint fresh Brussels sprouts or 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen Brussels sprouts, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange sprouts in shallow baking dish.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; blend.
- Pour over sprouts and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes, or until sprouts are tender.
Yum! I really enjoyed this sweet and sour dish! I love Brussels sprouts and this was a new and great way to eat them. Thanks! Made for the Bargain Basement game.
really yummy, believe it or not - and even if you aren't fond of brussels sprouts, I bet you will like this