This is a delicious and different way to make peppers. There is a sweetness to this dish that appeals to almost everyone and is great with grilled meat. It would make a fantastic first course as well.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Trim tops off peppers; discard the stems and finely chop the rest of the top of the pepper.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise into sixths.
- Place wedges, but side up, in oil pan; set aside.
- Combine chopped pepper tops, onion, tomatoes, parsley, 1/4 cup olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each of the pepper wedges.
- Bake wedges for 25-30 minutes or until just tender.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons oil over all.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.