Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Wonder Time magazine. I plan to use Splenda in place of the sugar.
Top Review by pink cook
These baked sweet potatoes are delicious. I also added Splenda brown sugar instead of granulated to match the flavor with the cinnamon and ginger. I will make them as a variation of baked potatoes. Thanks for this good recipe, internetnut.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (yams)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Have your child smoosh together the first 5 ingredients in a bowl till blended. Chill 10 minutes. Turn onto waxed paper and using paper as a aid, roll the butter into logsize of nickel. Wrap tightly in new piece and refrigerate 1 hour or longer.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick the skin all over with a fork. Bake on oven rack 45-60 minutes, until they're soft and easily piecred through the center with a paring knife.
- Serve each potato with 2 coin size slices of butter.