1/10 Photos of Baked Sweet Potatoes With Brown Sugar-Pecan Butter
After moving to Texas from the north, I was introduced to baked sweet potatoes as a side dish, a nice change from the usual baking potato. These are "baked" in the microwave, a real time-saver!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Try this method for toasting the pecans: Sprinkle chopped pecans on a paper plate and microwave on high for 1 or 2 minutes, they should smell toasted when they are done.
- 2Scrub, but do not peel, the potatoes.
- 3Pierce them in several places with a fork.
- 4Microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes until done.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the butter, sugar, and pecans.
- 6Once potatoes are done, slice length wise, about 2/3 of the way down (do not cut through) and push end toward each other to "fluff" the potato and create a well for the butter.
- 7Place a scoop of butter mixture into the center and wrap in foil until serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet Potatoes With Brown Sugar-Pecan Butter
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g