In this dish sweet potatoes are combined with dried fruit and cooked in sweet honey and orange sauce.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8 inch square baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake uncovered , until just tender, stirring several times, about 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place apricots and prunes in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over sweet potatoes and add apricots and prunes, Mix well.
- Return to over and bake uncovered, stirring 5 minutes for 15 minutes.