Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My husband and I love those incredible baked sweet potatoes you can only order at steakhouses - but who wants to have the oven on all day just for potatoes! Well here is a really slick alternative that is even better then the restaurants.
- Select yams that are about the same size. Wash thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a nickel-size wedge from the side of each yam. This keeps the yams from exploding during cooking.
- Coat yams with olive oil. Wrap each one securely in foil. Repeat foil process 3 times, rotating yam each time. Continue foiling each yam until all are finished.
- Place yams in slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup water to bottom.
- Turn cooker to low. The yams will be ready to go in about 4-5 hours, but you can keep them on low all day if you need too.
- When ready to serve, upwrap yams, add butter and brown sugar and enjoy!
- Note: by wrapping the yams a minimum of 3 times with foil you lock in the moisture and keep the slow cooker clean too - making clean up a breeze.
This was super-duper easy and very good. Love this method of preparing yams and will use it again.
This method really does work. The yams were perfectly cooked and the prep time was quick and easy. Thanks for a new way to cook yams!
Very easy and very good! I only wrapped each potato 3 times and it worked great!