Recipe by karenlebaron
My husband and I love those incredible baked sweet potatoes you can only order at steakhouses - but who wants to have the oven on all day just for potatoes! Well here is a really slick alternative that is even better then the restaurants.
Directions See How It's Made
- Select yams that are about the same size. Wash thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a nickel-size wedge from the side of each yam. This keeps the yams from exploding during cooking.
- Coat yams with olive oil. Wrap each one securely in foil. Repeat foil process 3 times, rotating yam each time. Continue foiling each yam until all are finished.
- Place yams in slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup water to bottom.
- Turn cooker to low. The yams will be ready to go in about 4-5 hours, but you can keep them on low all day if you need too.
- When ready to serve, upwrap yams, add butter and brown sugar and enjoy!
- Note: by wrapping the yams a minimum of 3 times with foil you lock in the moisture and keep the slow cooker clean too - making clean up a breeze.