1 hr 20 mins
This fabulous sweet potato dish is a must with a roast chicken or turkey dinner, but just as good with beef also. Recipe can easily be doubled to serve more than 6 people. This recipe can be completely made in advance to be baked later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- 2Arrange the potato slices overlapping in rows in the baking dish; set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 4Stir in orange juice until well blended; bring to a boil, and cook stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat and add in butter, and orange peel, and mix until butter has melted.
- 6Pour over the sweet potatoes in the baking dish (at this point you can cover and set aside until ready to bake later on).
- 7Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Bake covered for about 45-50 minutes.
- 9Uncover and baste with sauce, then bake (uncovered) for another 15-20 minutes, or until the potato slices are cooked to desied tenderness (this might take more than 20 minutes).
- 10When serving, arrange the orange slices around the dish if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet Potatoes in Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 664.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 64.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g