Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake or microwave sweet potatoes until done but still firm.
- When cool enough to handle, cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Oil a deep, 1 1/2 inch-thick quart baking casserole dish. Arrange half on the sweet potato slices in the bottom.
- Drizzle with half of the butter, then half of the maple syrup.
- Top with the apple slices. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon and cloves.
- Repeat the layers and then pour the apple juice over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered, then uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Serve at once or cover and keep warm until needed.