Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe by Nava Atlas and the Willy Street Co-Op paper
- 4 large sweet potatoes, Peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake or microwave sweet potatoes until done but still firm.
- When cool enough to handle, cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Oil a deep, 1 1/2 inch-thick quart baking casserole dish. Arrange half on the sweet potato slices in the bottom.
- Drizzle with half of the butter, then half of the maple syrup.
- Top with the apple slices. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon and cloves.
- Repeat the layers and then pour the apple juice over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered, then uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Serve at once or cover and keep warm until needed.