Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet potatoes, there not just for the holidays anymore.
Make and share this Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -7 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Clean potatoes under water, dry, and rub with a little oil and salt and pepper.
- Place them on a large cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 30-45 minutes or until almost fork tender.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool SLIGHTLY, just until you can handle them.
- In a small mixing, stir together the rest of the ingriedents.
- Peel potatoes and slice them 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Place one layer of sweet potatoes in a 9"-13" pan then spread on a bit of the butter mixture; repeat about 3-4 more times ending with butter mixture on top.
- Return to a 350F oven and bake for another 30 minutes; top with an even layer of marshmallows and return to oven until marshmallows are browned, only about 3-5 minutes at most.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
Not a fan of these sweet potatoes. I would cut down on the nutmeg. Too much spice. The sugar sauce was very thick. My DH thought these were just ok.