Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
originally from "Family Circle" magazine.
Top Review by *~*Elizabeth*~*
I have never cared for Sweet Potatoes and when my mother asked me to make Sweet potatoes for Easter I was scared. I don't even eat sweet potatoes. But this recipe is SUPER easy and very very good. I had a pleasure making them and will definitely be making this recipe again for Thanksgiving. Thanks!!!
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, with skin (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 cups small marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake potatoes until knife-tender, 1 1/2 hours.
- Leave oven on.
- Let potatoes cool slightly. Peel; place in bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Heat milk in small saucepan to boiling.
- Add vanilla, sugar and butter.
- Stir cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice into potatoes.
- Stir in milk mixture until smooth.
- Coat 12x8x2" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half the potatoes in bottom.
- Layer 2 cups marshmallows over potatoes.
- Cover with remaining sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Layer remaining marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until browned.