Recipe by Evie*
Found on a recipe card from the supermarket
Top Review by Lovely Lola
Wonderful! Simple and very tasty. I followed the recipe almost exactly. I didn't have a grapefruit on hand, but I am sure it would have been lovely with that included. I did squeeze some fresh lime juice over the dish right before serving and it really brought out the sweetness. Next time I am going to sprinkle with some goat cheese and maybe toasted walnuts. Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled,diced and cooked until just tender
- 4 apples, peeled,cored and sliced (I use granny smiths)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 orange zest
- 1 grapefruit, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sweet potatoes,apple and sugar.
- Butter a baking dish and put the potato mixture into it.
- Dot with any remaining butter.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the parsley and zest.
- *Nice served with chicken or pork.