Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 large sweet potatoes (totaling 2 pounds)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut sweet potatoes into strips (resembling french fries). Place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10 minutes, then stir potatoes and bake 10 minutes more, or until done to taste.
This is a great alternative for french fries. My kids are asking me for the new kind of "French Fries". They are tasty enough that you don't need katup.
i did this with yams, and it went over very well. good for dipping in ketchup, i'll definitely be making these again soon.
What a yummy splurge for me! The kids thought they were great, too. I used seasoned salt instead of salt & pepper. Next time I will cut them smaller so they can crisp up a bit more.