Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are just good. Not spicy but very savory baked fries. I love them because there is no frying but still crunchy. The dip is a nice sweet and savory flavor which really makes these unique.
- 4 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into thin fires)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated onion (important to grate not chop)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- Potatoes -- Two important things to note when making these. First. Cut all the fries approximately the same size. Second, make sure to cook directly on the cookie sheet. No foil or parchment paper. After cutting the sweet potatoes fries add to a medium size bowl with the olive oil and seasoning and toss well to combine. Add to the cookie sheet and make sure then are not laying on top of one another. They need some space so they can brown up.
- Bake -- In a 425 degree oven bake them for 15 minutes and then flip. Guys, they will be soft, they aren't done but be careful flipping them. Bake another 20 minutes until crispy.
- Dip -- As the fries bake, make the dip. Just mix it all in a small bowl and refrigerate. Nothing more. Grating the onion is important as it gives you a lot more flavor. Just enjoy, these are a great change from the average french fries.
I used sour cream instead of yogurt to lazy and broke to go to the store. So much for the health benefit...still a great recipe thank you. Yumm
Dear gawd, gimmee one! No, dozens. No...HUNDREDS!!!
The sauce is amazing and deserves the five stars! My "fries" burned during the last 20 minutes and were pretty mushy. I've come to expect that with sweet potato fries, though, but next time I will cook them for less time or at a lower temp. UPDATE: I made this in our new convection oven at 400 and they turned out perfectly cooked. LOVED them! Thanks again SarasotaCook!