Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious sweet potato fries that are good for you!
Make and share this Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Wash potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Do not peel them.
- Slice each potato into french-fry-like wedges (about 10 fries per potato, depending on the size of the potato). Toss fries in a large bowl with olive oil until well-coated, then toss with spice blend.
- Spread fries evenly on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn fries over and bake an additional 7 minutes, or until tender. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fries. Make sure you don’t over-bake them, or they’ll be soggy.
Made these for my family and they loved them. Recipe is very simple and done in no time. Will make these for game night.
My BH loved these. I personally thought they were okay. I supposed I prefer the sweet in sweet potato. He said these would be great with grilled burger & a garden salad. We will be doing these again. Thanks for posting.
This is an excellent recipe. I will be making this often. The spice mixture is savory with just a hint of occasional sweetness. Yum!