Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a great sweet spicy side dish that pairs nicely with fish or meat. The dip included in the recipe is FANTASTIC!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes (5 to 6 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro (snipped)
- Preheat oven to 450°F Cut each unpeeled potato into 1-inch-thick wedges. Place in a large self-sealing plastic bag; toss with oil, sea salt, and pepper. Arrange in two 13x9x2-inch disposable foil pans.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine orange juice, 3 teaspoons of the chili powder, and honey; set aside.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, brushing three times with orange juice mixture, and shaking pan occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/3 cup cilantro.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish; serve with sour cream mixture. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
These are fabulous Erika!!! Thanks for introducing them to me!!
I didn't really like the orange juice in the marinade. That may be personal taste. I really enjoyed the wedges dipped in the sauce.