1/5 Photos of Baked Sweet Potato
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is the BEST way to eat a sweet potato. We have baked sweet potatoes with our steaks instead of Idaho potatoes. It's a nice complement to chicken and beef - or any other meat that I can think of! This can also be made on the grill or tossed in the coals if you are camping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Bake yams for 45 to 75 minutes (bigger yams take longer to cook).
- 3When they are done, the outside will have darkened and the inside will be soft.
- 4You may see liquid from the potato oozing out and charring.
- 5When the potato is sliced open, the inside of the skin will be charred black from the caramelizing sugar in the potato.
- 6This is a perfectly cooked potato.
- 7Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- 8To serve, slice a potato down the center.
- 9Add two Tbs of whipped butter, then sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar over the top.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g