Recipe by Tish
This is the BEST way to eat a sweet potato. We have baked sweet potatoes with our steaks instead of Idaho potatoes. It's a nice complement to chicken and beef - or any other meat that I can think of! This can also be made on the grill or tossed in the coals if you are camping!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake yams for 45 to 75 minutes (bigger yams take longer to cook).
- When they are done, the outside will have darkened and the inside will be soft.
- You may see liquid from the potato oozing out and charring.
- When the potato is sliced open, the inside of the skin will be charred black from the caramelizing sugar in the potato.
- This is a perfectly cooked potato.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- To serve, slice a potato down the center.
- Add two Tbs of whipped butter, then sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar over the top.