1/1 Photo of Baked Sweet Onion Cheddar Dip
This has been a real hit gatherings! I often make a double batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow sweet onions (Maya, Vidalia, etc)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Hellmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste (optional, but oh so good!)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika or 1/8 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the onions, garlic, mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, cheddar, and Tabasco (and curry powder, if using).
- 3Spread into a lightly pan sprayed small-ish baking dish.
- 4Top with Parmesan and sprinkle with paprika to taste. (Ground ancho chile powder can be substituted for the paprika, for a little more kick. I prefer the ancho.).
- 5Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion (scallion).
- 6Serve hot or warm with crackers, bread, or raw veggie dippers.
- 7Makes about 6 servings. I usually make a double batch! :).
- 8Source: I first found a similar recipe to this, which I adapted, from Ron from Worcester at Gail's Recipe Swap.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet Onion Cheddar Dip
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: