Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
The sweet secret in this easy, quickly made dish is the apricot preserve. Mixed with the French dressing and dry onion soup mix, it creates a coating that, when baked, gives a charcoal grill-like taste while the baking retains more moisture and juciness than grilling does.
- 6 chicken thighs, skins on
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup jam
- 1⁄2 ounce dry onion soup mix (1/2 pkg. usually)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine French dressing, dry soup mix, and jam. Mix together well.
- Place chicken thighs in baking dish.
- Pour apricot mixture over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes.