Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup canned no-sugar-added apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 30 g honey crunch corn flakes
- In a small saucepan combine the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Heat gently until warmed through and sugar is dessolved.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Coat a 500ml oven-proof dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange apple mixture over the base of the dish.
- Pour over the eggs and sprinkle with the Corn Flakes.
- Bake in the oven for abouth 20 mins or until set.
This was delish- tasted like sweet, apple pie; a nice (healthy) comfort food for nasty cold weather days. It's just as unique as the omelette recipe I put up on this site the other day. Weird cravings lead to some interesting- and delicious- recipes! Thanks for posting :-).
This basically tasted like apple pie filling; not that anything is wrong with that! I doubled the recipe and used half a cup of All Whites, but I think I'd increase that next time... I also used a teaspoon of Splenda brown sugar, and rice flakes. Thanks for posting!
Yummo, this was a really nice brekky. I didn't have crunchy nut corn flakes so just topped with some crumbled granola. Sure doesn't taste like a weight watchers recipe!