Recipe by Derf
Delicious without the usual pineapple, nice with baked potato or brown rice; adapted from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by cfletcher
I made this dish last night....and served it over rice.....but found that it needed a bit more punch....maybe add more salt or herbs? But overall it was tasty...just needs a little something to zing it up a bit !
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 carrots
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 6 -10 skinless chicken thighs, (I used skinless legs)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I used light)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter onions, cut carrots into one inch pieces, (I used baby carrots, about 12).
- Seed, core and cut green peppers into one inch chunks.
- Scatter all veggies in a roasting pan with a lid, cover and roast at 400f degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a large shallow dish,combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Press chicken legs into flour mixture to coat all over.
- In a large non stick frypan heat 1 tablespoon oil, over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken in batches, adding remaining oil when necessary, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange on top of veggies in roaster.
- Whisk together, in a measuring cup, orange juice,honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, corn starch and garlic.
- Pour over chicken and veggies.
- Cover and roast at 400f degrees for 20 minutes; uncover and roast, basting occasionally, until chicken is golden and juices run clear, approximately another 20 minutes.