1/3 Photos of Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken With Veggies
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Delicious without the usual pineapple, nice with baked potato or brown rice; adapted from Canadian Living mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 carrots
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 6 -10 skinless chicken thighs, (I used skinless legs)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used light)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1Quarter onions, cut carrots into one inch pieces, (I used baby carrots, about 12).
- 2Seed, core and cut green peppers into one inch chunks.
- 3Scatter all veggies in a roasting pan with a lid, cover and roast at 400f degrees for 15 minutes.
- 4In a large shallow dish,combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 5Press chicken legs into flour mixture to coat all over.
- 6In a large non stick frypan heat 1 tablespoon oil, over medium high heat.
- 7Brown chicken in batches, adding remaining oil when necessary, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Arrange on top of veggies in roaster.
- 9Whisk together, in a measuring cup, orange juice,honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, corn starch and garlic.
- 10Pour over chicken and veggies.
- 11Cover and roast at 400f degrees for 20 minutes; uncover and roast, basting occasionally, until chicken is golden and juices run clear, approximately another 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 1041.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 17.2 g