Recipe by Sharlene~W
Classic mashed potatoes has some competition here--a great combo of white and sweet potatoes.
Top Review by Dee514
Made these to accompany a cranberry glazed ham. I followed the recipe exactly, using all the cream cheese and sour cream called for. They were very tasty, easy to make, and a nice change from the mashed sweets I usually serve with ham. I think the next time I make them (and I definitely will make them again), I will reverse the ratio of sweet potatoes to baking potatoes, and use 3 1/2lbs sweet potatoes to 1 3/4lbs baking potatoes (just our family preference, we all love sweet potatoes). Thanks for posting this recipe, its a nice twist on mashed potatoes. :)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and water to to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 30 minutes or until tender.
- Return potatoes to Dutch oven.
- Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash untl smooth with a potato masher.
- Stir in bacon, next 3 ingredients and remaining 2 teaspoons salt.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11-x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, if desired.