Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The pan is super hot when it comes out of the oven...be careful not to grab the handle like I did! =) The rice may be a little dry so check after 15 min to see if it needs a little more liquid...about 1/2 cup at a time. Use the oil from the tomatoes in place of olive oil for extra favor.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil over med heat in an oven proof saute pan that has high sides and a tight fitting lid. Add onion and garlic and saute until tranlucent.
- Add rice and continue to saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and herbs. Then sherry and water and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in stock, cover and bake 20-30 min or until rice is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.