Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious summer squash baked with goat cheese, kale, and garlic
- 2 medium summer squash, halved and seeded
- 3⁄4-1 cup kale, de-spined and sliced
- 7 ounces goat cheese (regular or herbed)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Place squash on an aluminum foil lined pan.
- 3. Drizzle squash with olive oil.
- 4. Add kale and 1 sliced clove of garlic to each halved squash.
- 5. Add goat cheese to lightly cover the kale and garlic.
- 6. Add a tiny sliver of butter to each halved squash near the ends.
- 7. Drizzle a little more olive oil.
- 8. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees or until the kale starts to brown.
- Serve hot.