Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tasty little throw together that cooks in the oven while you are doing other things. This originally started out as two different recipes that I combined to make our own. My family loves this meal!
- 2 (1 lb) packages summer sausage, sliced
- 5 -6 potatoes, cut into 2in peices
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut
- salt & pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Mix Summer Sausage, potatoes & onions in a 9 X 13in baking dish.
- 3. Spread Sour Kraut on top of Sausage mix. Add 1/2 cup water to bottom of dish.
- 4. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 1 hour or until potato's are tender.
Love this recipe. My great aunt used to make this when I was a teen. Always love how the kraut flavors the sausage and the potato.
DS had a birthday party where we served cheese and meat with crackers. I had quite a bit of the summer sausage left so come on here in search of a recipe to use it up. I made this as written and my guys loved it. It was so easy to prepare with so few ingredients. Perfect for using up my leftovers. The next day I took what was left and fried it in a skillet for DH for lunch. He said it was just as good as the written version. Thank you for sharing with us, its a keeper in our house.
An easy one dish meal to put together. Enjoyed by all. Love sauerkraut. Used polish sausages, instead of summer sausage. Thank You.