Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Believe it! Fresh, warm doughnuts from easy refrigerated Pillsbury® biscuits!
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten each to a 2 1/2-inch round.
- With 1-inch round biscuit cutter, cut hole in center of each round.
- Dip all sides of biscuits and centers into butter, then into sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
These were really good, We did 1/2 with cinnamon sugar and 1/2 we frosted and sprinkled. DD and I made these and it was a fun little project. I used reduced fat grands biscuits and light butter. So not too bad on the diet either.
Haven't baked these,as you posted,but fried the biscuits in a little oil until golden on both sides then sprinkled powder sugar on them, they are wonderful.
These tasted good. But really not much like doughnuts. They were really just like biscuits rolled in sugar. And they were really only good hot. Maybe something for the kids in a pinch.