Recipe by TheFarlands
This is delicious way to use up really large zucchini's and my adaptation of Recipe 331282.
Top Review by cooking with love
We have a garden full of yellow squash and some are getting up there in size. I had most of the ingredients for this so had to try it. Yum yum!!! I did have to use turkey instead of the pork as that is what I had. But the flavor was fantastic with just a bit of spice. Mine probably wasn't as pretty as the green zucchini would offer but it still tasted very good. Thank you for submitting this one.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red peppers or 1⁄2 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and cut zucchini in half; scoop out all the seeds and discard. Prick inside with a fork.
- Put stuffing ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Spoon half the mixture into each zucchini half and pack firmly. Put the zucchini back together, by putting a stuffed zucchini half on top of the other.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap zucchini. Place on cookie sheet or dish and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, depending on zucchini size.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with catsup or tomato sauce.