Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is delicious way to use up really large zucchini's and my adaptation of Recipe 331282.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 large red peppers or 1⁄2 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and cut zucchini in half; scoop out all the seeds and discard. Prick inside with a fork.
- Put stuffing ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Spoon half the mixture into each zucchini half and pack firmly. Put the zucchini back together, by putting a stuffed zucchini half on top of the other.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and wrap zucchini. Place on cookie sheet or dish and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, depending on zucchini size.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with catsup or tomato sauce.
We have a garden full of yellow squash and some are getting up there in size. I had most of the ingredients for this so had to try it. Yum yum!!! I did have to use turkey instead of the pork as that is what I had. But the flavor was fantastic with just a bit of spice. Mine probably wasn't as pretty as the green zucchini would offer but it still tasted very good. Thank you for submitting this one.