Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great side from Light and Tasty Magazine. One serving (1 stuffed zucchini half) equals 135 calories
- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml white wine or 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 9.85 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Chop pulp; set shells aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini pulp, mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini shells in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes; drain. Fill shells with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Boomette is right - WOW WOW WOW. This recipe is sure to please - tastes as good or better than an appetizer at any fancy restaurant. Even my kids liked it!
wow this recipe is amazing. 2 servings is not enough LOL I used beef broth. Instead of parmesan, I used mozzarella cheese. Yummy! Can't wait to do it again but I'll double the recipe. Thanks Seesko :) Made for Photo tag