1/1 Photo of Baked Stuffed Yellow Squash Boats
Douglas Poe's Note:
Serve squash boats as a side dish with your favorite meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 yellow squash
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (basil, oregano) or 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, oregano)
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 2 cups japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise.
- 3With a spoon, scrape flesh and seeds of squash into a large bowl, making boats.
- 4In a pan sauté onion and garlic over medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
- 5Add the squash that was removed from the boats and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- 6Cook until almost soft (around 7 minutes).
- 7When squash is almost soft, remove from heat and mix in bowl with 1 egg, breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan cheese.
- 8Scoop stuffing mixture into boats and fill evenly.
- 9Sprinkle the top of the stuffed boats with extra parmesan cheese.
- 10Cook in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) until boats are crisp tender and golden brown on top (around 10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Yellow Squash Boats
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.7 mg
- Sodium 310.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning