1/2 Photos of Baked Stuffed Yams
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Yet another recipe that comes from the Sunset Ideas for Cooking Vegetables, 1973, & is a recipe worth considering for the winter holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & set out a shallow baking pan.
- 2Scrub yams well & pat dry.
- 3Rub each with butter or salad oil, then pierce skin with a fork & place in the baking pan.
- 4Bake until soft, about 30-40 minutes, OR bake at a lower temperature along with meat for about 1 hour. Remove from oven.
- 5While yams are cooling slightly, beat 2 egg whites until stiff, then set aside.
- 6When yams have cooled enough to handle, cut a slice off a side of each yam so that you can scoop out the pulp into a mixing bowl & leaving about a quarter-inch thick shell.
- 7To the pulp, add butter, salt & pepper & orange zest, beating to mix thoroughly.
- 8Fold in beaten & stiff egg whites.
- 9Stuff this filling back into the yam shells & sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.
- 10Return to a 350 degree F oven & bake another 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Yams
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 388.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g