1/2 Photos of Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Great with fresh, home grown tomatoes!
My Private Note
baked s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Slice off top of tomatoes.
- 3Using a spoon, hollow out the tomatoes keeping around an inch of tomato "meat (or whatever its called)" around the bottom and sides.
- 4Discard pulp.
- 5Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towel to drain.
- 6In a saucepan, heat oil, parsley, scallions, garlic, and breadcrumbs.
- 7Mix together until just heated through and moist.
- 8Place tomatoes in well oiled casserole dish.
- 9Fill with stuffing.
- 10Top each with a tablespoon of cheese.
- 11Brush tomatoes with oil.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and tomatoes look done, baste with oil occasionally or when needed.
- 13Note: as many people have noted these can be very dry depending on what type of breadcrumbs you use or how long you cook them. I would recommend adjusting the amounts according to what you have read or personal preferences.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g