Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Uses ground beef and rice... posted here so I don't lose it.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Leaving a 1/2 in thick shell, scoop out and reserve pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add tomato pulp, chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano, bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 40-50 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, mix well and simmer until rice is tender.
- Stuff tomatoes and place in a greased 13x9x2in baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter, sprinkle over tomatoes. Add water to baking dish and bake, uncovered at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned.