Recipe by conniecooks
These are yummy, easy and really dress up a plate. They are a great side dish and go with everything. You can also use parmesan and fresh basil instead of the dill and feta if you choose. You could also use slivered almonds instead of pine nuts.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
These were great! They held together perfectly and resulting in a very pretty end product. I loved the combo of rice and spinach with the salty, cheesy pockets of feta. It may have been because of my garlic clove size but my tomatoes were quite nice and garlicy - perfect. I didn't have pine nuts so used broken up slivered almonds. Thanks conniecooks!
- 4 firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
- Scoop out seeds and pulp; discard.
- Turn tomatoes up side down to drain on a paper towel.
- In a small skillet cook pine nuts over low heat, stirring until golden (5 minutes).
- Add spinach and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, dill, cheese, salt & pepper. Mix together.
- Spoon into tomato shells.
- Top with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.