Recipe by Darlene10
I got this recipe from another site when I searched for stuffed spareribs. It appears to be an easy-pork-recipe site. This is a very tasty dish and I will certainly make it again. I requested this recipe and was waiting for Lennie to search one out. Meanwhile, I either had to find one or freeze the meat.
- 2 racks of baby-back pork ribs (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cubed dry bread
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (2 tsp. dried parsley)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- chicken stock, to moisten (about 1/3 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ribs with salt and pepper; broil until lightly browned.
- Remove and spread stuffing on concave side of one rack of ribs.
- Place other rack on top and secure with cord or skewers.
- Roast at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Prepare stuffing: Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute chopped celery and onion until tender and lightly caramalized (8 to 10 minutes).
- In large bowl, combine cubed bread, egg, parsley, sage, salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Stir in sauteed celery and onion.
- Gradually stir in chicken stock until stuffing mixture is moist.
- Return stuffing mixture to skillet and precook for 20 to 30 minutes.