Recipe by FoodieFanatic
This specialty seafood recipe is compliments of Cricket's Restaurant, in Freeport Me.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh sole fillets
- 2 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 ounce leek, diced (whites only)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce fresh crabmeat, chopped (all liquid squeezed out)
- 1⁄2 ounce madeira wine
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs, crushed
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 lb maine lobster meat, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups madeira wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 gallon heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb light roux, cooked (equal portions of butter and flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms, leeks, and butter until soft.
- Saute crabmeat 5 mins., then add 1/2 oz. Madeira, and 1 oz. cream.
- Saute until 75% of liquid is gone.
- Add dash of salt, and black pepper.
- Add this to 1/2 cup cracker crumbs.
- Mound stuffing in ovenproof dish.
- Place fish on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven, for 20-25 mins., or until fish is white in middle.
- To Make Lobster Sauce:.
- Saute 1/4 lb. butter and 1 lb. lobster meat over med. heat, for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups Madeira, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 gal. cream, and bring to a boil, then add the roux, and simmer 15 minutes until thick, stir often.
- Spoon this on top of fish and serve.