1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This specialty seafood recipe is compliments of Cricket's Restaurant, in Freeport Me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh sole fillets
- 2 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 ounce leek, diced (whites only)
- 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce fresh crabmeat, chopped (all liquid squeezed out)
- 1/2 ounce madeira wine
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 lb maine lobster meat, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups madeira wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 gallon heavy cream
- 3/4 lb light roux, cooked (equal portions of butter and flour)
- 1Saute mushrooms, leeks, and butter until soft.
- 2Saute crabmeat 5 mins., then add 1/2 oz. Madeira, and 1 oz. cream.
- 3Saute until 75% of liquid is gone.
- 4Add dash of salt, and black pepper.
- 5Add this to 1/2 cup cracker crumbs.
- 6Mound stuffing in ovenproof dish.
- 7Place fish on top.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 oven, for 20-25 mins., or until fish is white in middle.
- 9To Make Lobster Sauce:.
- 10Saute 1/4 lb. butter and 1 lb. lobster meat over med. heat, for 10 minutes.
- 11Add 1 1/2 cups Madeira, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes.
- 12Add 1/2 gal. cream, and bring to a boil, then add the roux, and simmer 15 minutes until thick, stir often.
- 13Spoon this on top of fish and serve.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Sole W. Crab Stuffing and Lobster Newburg Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3058.2
- Calories from Fat 2564
- Total Fat 284.9 g
- Saturated Fat 176.1 g
- Cholesterol 1253.3 mg
- Sodium 1600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 87.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs