Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This specialty seafood recipe is compliments of Cricket's Restaurant, in Freeport Me.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Sole W. Crab Stuffing and Lobster Newburg Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh sole fillets
- 2 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 ounce leek, diced (whites only)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce fresh crabmeat, chopped (all liquid squeezed out)
- 1⁄2 ounce madeira wine
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs, crushed
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 lb maine lobster meat, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups madeira wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 gallon heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb light roux, cooked (equal portions of butter and flour)
- Saute mushrooms, leeks, and butter until soft.
- Saute crabmeat 5 mins., then add 1/2 oz. Madeira, and 1 oz. cream.
- Saute until 75% of liquid is gone.
- Add dash of salt, and black pepper.
- Add this to 1/2 cup cracker crumbs.
- Mound stuffing in ovenproof dish.
- Place fish on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven, for 20-25 mins., or until fish is white in middle.
- To Make Lobster Sauce:.
- Saute 1/4 lb. butter and 1 lb. lobster meat over med. heat, for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups Madeira, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 gal. cream, and bring to a boil, then add the roux, and simmer 15 minutes until thick, stir often.
- Spoon this on top of fish and serve.