Shrimp stuffed with a minced clam and butter-cracker stuffing and baked in sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, shelled, with tail left on
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced clams (Or you can buy 'em whole and dice them yourself)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2/3-1 cup sherry wine (dry or sweet)
- additional parsley (to garnish)
- lemon wedge, for accompaniment
- 1Butterfly the shrimp by cutting along the length on the underside of the body, but don't cut all the way through. Just cut deep enough to fold the shrimp open for stuffing. Remove any veins if necessary.
- 2Combine the cracker crumbs, butter, clams, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper, mixing well. Evenly stuff each of the shrimp with stuffing mixture.
- 3Arrange the stuffed shrimp in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Pour the sherry into the bottom of the pan.
- 4Bake at 350°F for about 15-18 minutes, or until the shrimp have JUST turned pink. Transfer shrimp to serving platter, garnish with additional parsley and serve with lemon wedges for accompaniment, if desired.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 180.6 mg
- Sodium 1164.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs