Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, leaving tails on (about 12-16)
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs (3 slices of bread)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- melted margarine or butter
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. In large skillet, cook mushrooms, onion, garlic and bouillon in margarine until tender. Remove from heat; stir in crumbs and pimiento.
- Cut a slit along underside of each shrimp; do not cut through. Remove vein; brush entire shrimp with margarine. Mound stuffing mixture in hollow of each shrimp.
- Place in greased shallow baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until hot. Garnish with parsley if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Microwave Instructions: In 1 quart glass measure, microwave margarine on HIGH for 45 seconds or until melted. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and bouillon. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in crumbs and pimiento. Prepare shrimp as above. Place in 2 greased 12x7" shallow baking dishes or 1 (12") round glass platter. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until hot. Proceed as above.