Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another New England favorite from my Mom!
- 2 lbs fresh bay scallops
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- breadcrumbs, plain or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- In skillet, melt margarine; add onions and garlic; simmer until onions are clear.
- Add pepper and parsley; simmer 2-3 minutes. Add sherry and simmer 10-15 minute.
- Place scallops in baking dish.
- Pour cooked mixture over scallops. You should have enough mixture to barely cover scallops, if not, melt more margarine and add.
- Cover top very generously with bread crumbs. Bake uncovered @ 400 deg. for 30 minutes.
- If top is not brown, place under broiled for a few minutes.
We really enjoyed this! The store only had sea scallops, so I had to use those, but it was yummy all the same. Preparation was quick and easy, and the end product was delicious. Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting.