Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Being from the North West, I think it's almost a requirement to like salmon which I certainly do. This is one of my favorite recipes for salmon, very easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dredge the salmon in flour, using more as needed to ensure even coverage.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbed bread, butter, onions, and the parsley and mix evenly.
- Stuff the cavity of the salmon with bread mixture, then close with toothpicks.
- In a baking dish large enough for the salmon to rest flat, lay half the bacon evenly on the bottom.
- Place the salmon on top of the bacon, and then place remaining bacon evenly over the salmon.
- Squeeze lemon juice evenly over the salmon.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour, depending on size of salmon (5 lb about 1 hour and fifteen minutes).
- Remove from oven and take out toothpicks.
- Cut salmon crosswise into about 2 inch pieces.
This turned out really well. I even like it and I am not a real salmon lover. It didn't have that real fishy salmon taste to it at all. I recommend this one.