Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fall favorite!
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and chopped
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 453.59 g can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml dark rum (optional)
- 9.85 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 14.79 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and set it aside.
- Scoop out seeds with a metal spoon.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, walnuts, cranberry sauce, pineapple, brown sugar, raisins and rum.
- Add the ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the cleaned pumpkin and replace the top.
- Set pumpkin on a baking stone or a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until pumpkin begins to soften.
- Remove from oven, stir (scraping the sides gently so that some pumpkin falls into the apple mixture).
- Serve warm.
I'm so surprised that I haven't reviewed this. Here I am finally getting a photo uploaded and there is no review! I think I have made this twice and loved it both times. The 2nd time I made it in a hubbard squash that grew in my garden.
This was sooo delicious. The only thing I did different was I added 3tsp pumpkin pie spice instead of the spices individually. My kids loved it as well. I'm sure I'll make it again for Thanksgiving as the pumpkin presentation is impressive! One note, I had a bunch of the filling left over so I put it in a microwave safe bowl and cooked for about 6min on high and that was great as well. I could really imagine this over vanilla icecream! The picture is my very first post of a pic ever! I'm not sure I care for the coloring and when I figure out how to fix it I may come back and do some editing. Thanks for the great recipe!