Recipe by The Bare Asp
I love playing around with my recipes, and this one is just one of them I came up with while playing in the kitchen. As you can tell...I like my pepper.
- 2 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lawry lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice four mushrooms semi fine.
- Dice green onions leaving half the stalks intact.
- Mix and set aside.
- Mix flour, breadcrumbs, and spices.
- Take a little of the flour mixture and mix with the diced mushrooms/onions.
- Sauté mushroom/onion mix using a small amount of the olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Take the pork chops and using a fillet knife carefully slice into the center of the chop lengthwise.
- Be careful not to cut the edges open.
- Stuff the chop with the mushroom mixture.
- Now, take the chops and place then in the flour mixture, coat them well and quick fry them in a skillet using the rest of the olive oil.
- Place the chops back in the flour mixture and repeat with the skillet.
- Save the flour and skillet.
- Take the remaining mushrooms and slice them.
- Place them on the bottom of a pyrex baking dish and throw on the remaining green onions.
- Place the chops in the baking dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take the chops out of the dish.
- Remove the mushrooms and green onions and place in skillet with remaining flour and 1 cup of milk, on a low heat alternate milk and flour until you find the consistency of a sauce you like.
- Serve chops over a bed of rice, topping with the sauce.
- Garnish as you wish.