Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation on my other recipe. Quicker to the table and with a different texture.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 center-cut pork chops (thick cut boneless. 1 -1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (semi-dry. Don't cook with what you wouldn't drink!)
- salt and pepper
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray and place on lower-middle rack of oven. Preheat to 425°F.
- Heat 2 oil and butter over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Insert paring knife into chop at end away from bone and open a 2 inch hole almost to bone.
- Work knife back and forth until the pocket is almost the full size of chop. Set aside.
- Saute celery in melted oil/butter mixture for 3-4 minute. Add chopped onion and saute for 5-6 minutes more.
- Remove onions and celery with slotted spoon, reserving as much oil/butter combination as possible. Remove skillet from heat.
- Mix 1/2 of the goat cheese and the stripped leaves from 2 sprigs of the thyme with the celery and onion in a bowl and allow cheese to slightly melt from the heat of the vegetables.
- When mixture is cool enough to work with (3-5 minutes) divide stuffing into thirds and stuff chops with 1/3 each, reserving 1/3 of stuffing. Do not be afraid of over stuffing. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to a medium-high heat and bring to temperature.
- Sear stuffed chops, turning once until browned on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once chops are browned remove from skillet, place on sheet in oven and bake until done, turning once. About 4-5 minutes per side. Once chops are done, remove to plate, tent with foil & keep warm.
- 1While chops are baking, add the 1/2 cup of wine the remaining stuffing, cheese and the remaining sprig of thyme to the skillet; bring to boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to a simmer Stir pan sauce constantly until reduced by 1/2.
- Plate with Jasmine or Basmati rice and green beans. Pour a generous amount of sauce over chops and reserve the rest for you and your partner.