Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
WONDERFUL baked dish! This entree is a mainstay in our home and has been added to our family favorites list. May use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Easy and quick preparation. Note: One 6 oz. box of stuffing mix yields 6 servings. If your family likes a lot of stuffing you may consider using 2 boxes.
- 4 pork chops, centercut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) Stove Top stuffing mix (chicken flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Lightly brown pork chops in oil. Remove from heat.
- Bring water to a boil and stir in stuffing mix and butter. Set aside for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Add soup and sour cream to stuffing mix and stir just until blended. Place one-half of mixture in a baking pan. Place pork chops on top. (If desired, pork chops may be split and stuffed with stuffing mixture.) Add remaining one-half of stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
I prepared this with 11/2 inch chops seasoned with garlic and pepper. Basil in the dressing. Extra can of soup. Added sweet potatoes. Cooked at 250 for 11/2 hrs, the at 325 for another 11/2 hrs covered, then for 1/2 hr uncovered. Came out great...chops very moist...not salty. My wife loved it.<br/>Jim
I make this recipe with a bit of a change so that it is NOT dry. Put it on an aluminum baking pan so that you can cover it loosley with tin foil for the first 45 min. Put stuffing on top only. When sompleted baking, add the juice and apricots from a small can of apricots. Let it cook for a bit more and the chops will be moist and the stuffing will not be dried out. We enjoyed it and I am making it again tonight.
I love this recipe. I didn't follow exactly and put in my own creative twist. I added a large handful of shredded cheese to the stuffing and added onion and garlic powder. I seasoned the chops with salt, pepper, and parsley. I did brown them but due to other reviews I cut the baking time down by 15 minutes.