Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
WONDERFUL baked dish! This entree is a mainstay in our home and has been added to our family favorites list. May use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Easy and quick preparation. Note: One 6 oz. box of stuffing mix yields 6 servings. If your family likes a lot of stuffing you may consider using 2 boxes.
- 4 pork chops, centercut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) Stove Top stuffing mix (chicken flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Lightly brown pork chops in oil. Remove from heat.
- Bring water to a boil and stir in stuffing mix and butter. Set aside for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Add soup and sour cream to stuffing mix and stir just until blended. Place one-half of mixture in a baking pan. Place pork chops on top. (If desired, pork chops may be split and stuffed with stuffing mixture.) Add remaining one-half of stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
This was a great Sunday dinner a few weeks ago for the boyfriend. He enjoys comfort food and this certainly filled the bill. I used low fat/low sodium cream of mushroom and no fat sour cream with great results. Twas a tad salty but that was probably my heavy hand when I seasoned the chops. Good tummy filler, goes well with a green salad.
I made this & it was wonderful. I did read the reviews & changed some of the suggestions. Sautee celery, onion & mushrooms added to the stuffing . Pinch of sage to the soup1 tsp. season salt. 2 cans cream of mushroom soup. Rub soy & worcestershire sauce all over the pork chops before browning. pour the soup on the chops then put the stuffing on top. This will be one of my favorite recipes. Thanks for sharing.
I prepared this with 11/2 inch chops seasoned with garlic and pepper. Basil in the dressing. Extra can of soup. Added sweet potatoes. Cooked at 250 for 11/2 hrs, the at 325 for another 11/2 hrs covered, then for 1/2 hr uncovered. Came out great...chops very moist...not salty. My wife loved it.<br/>Jim