Recipe by Seasoned Cook
WONDERFUL baked dish! This entree is a mainstay in our home and has been added to our family favorites list. May use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Easy and quick preparation. Note: One 6 oz. box of stuffing mix yields 6 servings. If your family likes a lot of stuffing you may consider using 2 boxes.
Top Review by riffraff
This was a great Sunday dinner a few weeks ago for the boyfriend. He enjoys comfort food and this certainly filled the bill. I used low fat/low sodium cream of mushroom and no fat sour cream with great results. Twas a tad salty but that was probably my heavy hand when I seasoned the chops. Good tummy filler, goes well with a green salad.
- 4 pork chops, centercut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) Stove Top stuffing mix (chicken flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown pork chops in oil. Remove from heat.
- Bring water to a boil and stir in stuffing mix and butter. Set aside for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Add soup and sour cream to stuffing mix and stir just until blended. Place one-half of mixture in a baking pan. Place pork chops on top. (If desired, pork chops may be split and stuffed with stuffing mixture.) Add remaining one-half of stuffing mixture on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.