These are just fantastic! This is one of DH's favorite things I make. Great for family dinner or pot luck. This is really pretty easy to make and true Italian comfort food!
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (Reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces spaghetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- In an 8 quart pot, bring water to a boil and cook shells for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and cool immediately with cold water.
- Drain and place open side down on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of ingredients except the spaghetti sauce.
- Reserve the 1/4 cup of Mozzarella.
- Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 12 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each pasta shell and place open side up, in a single layer, in prepared pan.
- Pour the rest of sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, remove foil and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil.