Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mixes savory and sweet just right. I love papaya and I was looking for new takes on it. This is surprisingly tasty and different.
- Cook and stir beef, onion, and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is light brown.
- Drain; stir in tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper.
- Break up tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cut papayas lengthwise into halves and remove seeds.
- Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture in each papaya half. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange in shallow roasting pan.
- Pour very hot water into pan to within 1 inch of tops of papaya halves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees until papayas are very tender and hot, about 30 minutes.